The Homestead Dates from the early 1800's and had a general store in the front
beginning in 1844. A schoolhouse on the property was built in 1855, but was at a
different location and moved there in 1999. Down (and across) the street a very
short block is a wheelwright shop and is one of the "oldest brick buildings in
Monmouth County", dating from the early 1800's.